A Woman of Unknown Size: This was once a project... but now it's just Me.

Text

sapphicnymph:

leaving Laverne Cox off of the Time top 100 despite the overwhelming support she received is an act of violence and erasure towards trans women

(via okaydrienne)

Source: sapphicnymph

Text

Live Wire

My body…

is a live wire.

Downed by storms

it sparks and flashes and cracks

beyond my control

dangerous if still beautiful

.

My feet…

should ground me

root me hold me tight

to the rich wet ground but instead

they simply start and recycle the charge

Arcing and limping,  flaring and popping

.

My hands….

reach for soft wet grass

but instead grip hollowed twigs

of dried out trees that swooosh with 

fresh flames and heat and pain that kindle

everything that surrounds this delicate matchstick prison

.

My body…

is a live wire.

Downed by storms

it sparks and flashes and cracks

beyond my control

beyond reason

beyond repair

waiting it seems,

only to be disconnected

.

My mind…

waits  for a switch that’s 

rusted

ON.

ON.

ON.

No relief as power

Surges

to hands and feet that jump.

Surges

to leave the midnight sky

as noontime:

bright and fluorescent

and unending.

.

My body…

is a live wire.

Downed by storms

All sparks and flashes and cracks

beautiful, perhaps

but useless.

likelyhealthy:

Mary Lambert - Body Love

You are worth more than a waistline
You are worth more than beer bottles displayed like drunken artifacts.
You are worth more than any naked body could proclaim in the shadows,
More than a man’s whim or your father’s mistake
You are no less valuable as a size 16 than a size 4
You are no less valuable as a 32a than a 36c

Some body positivity for y’all today.

I just have so much love for this song and this video and mmmm

(via riotingrocket)

Source: likelyhealthy

Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Photo Set

Men with grandchildren are seen as “virile”,

Women with grandchildren are seen as “done”.

(via thetimenerdparadox)

Source: sandandglass

Text

valkyrierisen:

my-herbal-journey:

I just want everyone to see how unrealistic some expectations are.

I don’t!

every day?  I don’t even shave them every year.

Source: my-herbal-journey

Text

And his “ticket” for his gift:

Text

Did i just create a fantastic “gotcha” card for my baby brother’s 21st birthday?  why yes… Yes I did.  :snerk:

Front:

Inside:

:

BWAH HA HA HA HA

I crack myself up.  I’ll use the dots to write a more personal message- including an invitation to join me at a burlesque show in the future on my dime (which is his actual gift since I’m too broke to buy him something right now).

.

But omg, even my family will love this card. Ha!

Text

The potterheads found my headcannon.oo

Text

Oh wow having a really really bad hypersensitivity flare in my feet and my hands. Fucking kill me. Im so tired i might actually puke but having anything toucb my skin makes me want to scream how fucking delightful

Text

lindsaychrist:

avril lavignes hello kitty video was deleted from youtube and then billboard posted this 

image

I was so relieved that when I had the misfortune of watching it while still available… 98% of the comments below the video were about how fucking racist it was, and the other 2% were about how Avril Lavigne needs to just.. check herself, in general.

(via taxideinae)

Source: lindsaychrist

Inspired by Mary Lambert’s song: Body Love.  I was so moved by the imagery in the last pieces of the song, and by the lyrics throughout it all- after I heard it the first time, this image popped into my head and I had to make it work.
.
11x14 Poster Illustration. 
(c) SarahCate Creations

Inspired by Mary Lambert’s song: Body Love.  
I was so moved by the imagery in the last pieces of the song, and by the lyrics throughout it all- after I heard it the first time, this image popped into my head and I had to make it work.

.

11x14 Poster Illustration

(c) SarahCate Creations

Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Photo

do do dooo, work in progress…

do do dooo, work in progress…

The gangs all here… And apparently theyre very tired.

The gangs all here… And apparently theyre very tired.

casiana:

cutebabe:

punkmoss:

i feel like mary lambert just saved my entire day by putting out this music video

im violently crying like literally every time i hear this i cant not sob

My favourite thing

Source: punkmoss

Text

My font specimen book is officially TURNED IN.  :halleluia!:

.

Now prepping poster files to send to A. so they can be included in an art show (whaaaa?! I know!)

.

Then I will likely get started on illustrations again (after a much needed nap!)

Also, I got nominated for the National Collegiate Honor Society- so that’s pretty bitchin.   if i want to pay $95 to be a lifetime member.

.

I’m on the fence at the moment.